Sunday, June 14, 2009

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....

Ok, so my bags aren't packed, but I'm ready to go! I just finished my last night at work at Greene County Medical Center. I am very excited to go home. I have missed all my friends and family at home so much. I am also sad about leaving here. I have made some really wonderful friends here, and will miss them. I am sad I didn't get more time to spend with them outside of work! We could never work out times to get together. Everyone here has made me feel really good, and like they are going to miss me too. I have learned two things here, the first being that I could never live in a small town. The second is that there are some great people here in this small town in Iowa, and I can understand why someone would want to live here. I am definitely a city girl! I love having everything that I could possibly ever want to do right at my fingertips. Never having to go to far to find what you need, and having lots of options. There are some great things about living in a small town. Everyone knows everyone, and you can really rely on your neighbors and friends. So in short...I will definitely miss Jefferson, IA; but I can't wait to be back in Birmingham. My own personal piece of heaven.
Now to look forward to the long drive home. I plan on taking pictures and posting them, so ya'll can feel like you were there for all the boredom. Then I need to make a list of all the things I have to do when I get home. Is it sad that the majority of the things on that list are places I want to eat? It's a miracle I don't weigh 400 lbs. I will keep you updated on all my adventures at home, including the search for the next job! Good night now. I need to get some sleep, before I pack.

No comments: