Saturday, June 06, 2009

Extention!

No, I am not going to come home looking like Nicole Ritchie, with her long stringy hair extensions! I am talking about my travel assignment. I have decided to extend my assignment by a few days. A few weeks ago I asked the hospital if I could extend my contract by two weeks. I thought this would be a good idea, because then I would be home right before 4th of July. Then I could make sure I would be at the lake with my family on the 4th. Which is my absolute favorite holiday. Unfortunately at the time, they told me they wouldn't need me to stay. So, I accepted that, and started to get very excited about getting home.

Well, last week I find out that they have decided they do want me to extend. My initial reaction was "no". At that point in time I was so pumped up about being home I couldn't imagine staying here one more day, no one more second, than I had to. I'm glad I didn't go with that initial knee jerk reaction. I decided to think about. The more I thought about it the more I thought I can do this. It's just 2 weeks.

I started to think about other things, and decided that the only way it would be unbearable to stay would be to have to stay in the Super 8. I have really gotten settled in at the Limburg House, and didn't want to move around. (Read more about this decision in a previous post.) So, that made my decision for me. I told On Assignment that I would extend as long as I could stay in the Limburg House. So, it looks like the house is booked for the weekend after I was supposed to leave. So I am going to extend my contract by a little less than a week. Yeah! So I will only be here about 5 more days than originally planned, but hopefully will get in another full week of work!

I think I have decided to buy myself a treat for extending even when I didn't want to. I know I am trying to save money, but I can't help but treat myself every once in awhile. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a purse-aholic. I could buy a new bag everyday. I love all shapes, sizes, colors, and brands. So this is what I was thinking....
It's Dooney and Bourke. It's cloth. I think it is sooo cute and casual. I figured it would be great for the summer, and I could even carry it into the fall since it's Red and White. It is close to Alabama Crimson Tide colors. Roll Tide! So, what do you think? I am sad it is going to be longer until I get home, but I am really just relieved that a decision has been made! woohoo!

No comments: