Friday, October 09, 2009

Just for you Casey!

I have been a total blog slacker! I know, I know... sooo sorry. I ran into my cousin Casey last weekend, and she completely called me out on it. So I made an October resolution that I will start to blog again. I really hope I can start to keep up with it again. I enjoyed it so much while I was doing it, and was very surprised how many people cared to read it. So, here we go!



Things have been so busy in my life lately. The thing that is keeping me the absolute busiest is that I am in the process of buying a house. I am very excited. It is a cute little bity house in Homewood, that is just perfect for me. I was not letting myself get excited because I know that contracts can easily fall through, it something doesn't go right. I have finally gotten through the inspection and repairs, and mortgage approval. I am scheduled to close a week from today, and can't wait.



My family thought it was really funny to watch me go through this process. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a nurse through and through. I am not in any way shape or form a business person. I am not good at being firm and demanding. I had a few things that showed up on my inspection that I wanted to have the seller repair. Of course as in any business deal they tried to get me to give in any not have all of it repaired and to help pay for some of the repairs. I finally to my real estate agent that I was not afraid to walk away from the deal and that in order for me not to walk they had to make all the repairs. Haha! What a joke. I went directly to my Dad's office and told him I was "mean, scary, and demanding". He laughed at me and said, "I'm sure you were!" Oh well! I may not be mean and scary, but I was able to get the point across. They agreed to repair everything! So now we are just waiting on closing!



I am starting to get anxious though, because it is an older house. It was built in the 1940's, and there is a lot I would like to do. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient, and have fun with my very first house! Everyone is welcome to come visit! I was going to post a picture with this, but it is not working. I will post one later, I promise. I will keep you all updated on this adventure!

1 comment:

casgra said...

I feel pretty famous!!! Thanks for the shout out!!!